McAllen Cooling Services
Searching for proficient McAllen cooling system installation and repair services? Contact the certified professionals at All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. at (956) 686-6656. Click here for discounts and savings.
An efficient cooling system is vital to ensuring that your home or commercial property continues to remain at a comfortable temperature during the warmer months of the year. At All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. we offer a number of specialized cooling services, including thorough maintenance visits, air conditioner repairs and installations, along with professional filter replacements, in order to guarantee that your interior climate never falters. We also help to educate our customers in McAllen and the surrounding areas on the proper ways to care for their AC units so that unnecessary complications are avoided. To see what your neighbors have to say about our services, click here.
How often should your cooling system be maintained?
Experts recommend that you have your cooling system inspected and serviced at least once a year, even if you don’t suspect any problems. As your air conditioning system runs, it accumulates dirt and dust in key areas that affect its performance, like the air filters and condensing coils. If left unchecked, your air conditioner can lose some of its operating efficiency because of this buildup, which means it will have to work even harder to cool your home, resulting in a sudden increase in your monthly utility bills. Our professionals can check all the components in your system and ensure that they are properly cleaned and functioning as they should. A yearly maintenance service by a qualified air conditioning expert will help to minimize your energy costs and prevent minor issues from developing into major problems.
How long do air conditioners typically last?
The average life expectancy of an AC unit is dictated by several different factors, including location and amount of service. In certain parts of the country an air conditioner works very hard for an extended period. In a hot region the air conditioner might be needed for several months to keep property owners cool. Another major factor affecting the lifespan of air conditioners is the amount of maintenance that the system receives over the years. An air conditioner that does not get inspected and tuned up on a regular basis accumulates debris and will most certainly require early replacement. The estimated lifespan of an air conditioner is 15 to 20 years, but this can always be extended with proper care and maintenance.
What is the importance of regular filter replacement?
Regular AC filter replacement ensures healthier indoor air quality. Your filter keeps the air inside your home or commercial property clear of mold, pollen, dust, and other pollutants, which can aggravate allergy symptoms. Having your filters replaced regularly by certified heating and cooling professionals will prevent these contaminants from re-circulating back through your air conditioner and into your property. Changing out the filter in a timely fashion also increases efficiency and longevity and will help to save you money on monthly energy bills. Dust, dirt, and debris can also clog your system resulting in added repairs or early AC failure, which will warrant the need for a replacement unit.
What are easy ways to save more on your cooling costs?
- Regular maintenance: Having our licensed professionals come at least once a year to evaluate your cooling system is an easy way to lower your monthly energy bills. The technician will clean out the unit, replace the air filter, and recommend any needed repairs.
- Programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat will save you money. Once you program the thermostat, it will help keep your interior climate comfortable when you are at home. At times when you are away from your residence this device will turn your cooling system off.
- Small repairs: Making timely repairs will ensure your system runs more efficiently. Most of these repairs will be replacement of parts that have experienced common wear and tear. Failing to have repairs made in a timely fashion could lead to more serious issues.
- Fans: Running ceiling fans or even common plug-in units is an easy way to minimize energy usage. By circulating the air, fans create a draft to keep the inside of your property cool and comfortable.
- Turn off appliances: Unplug lights and electronic devices because they produce heat, contributing to excessive warmth inside the home. By unplugging or turning off any devices you are not currently using you can help to reduce cooling costs.
For reliable cooling services in your area, contact the experts at All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. Call us today at (956) 686-6656.