McAllen Furnace Repair & Maintenance Services
Searching for top-notch McAllen furnace repair and maintenance services? Look no further than the specialists at All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. Call us today at (956) 686-6656. For discounts and savings, click here.
When performed regularly, professional maintenance inspections will help you to avoid costly and potentially hazardous issues with your furnace. It is important to choose a reputable contractor who will thoroughly inspect every part of your system, make the necessary adjustments, diagnose any problems, and provide affordable repairs when needed. At All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. we have over 30 years of experience servicing furnaces in McAllen and the surrounding areas. We guarantee the highest quality service, and also like to educate our customers on the proper ways to care for their system at home. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your furnace our knowledgeable technicians will be more than happy to address them. To read reviews and testimonials from other customers in your area, click here.
What are the proper ways to maintain your furnace?
Maintaining your furnace can help you to avoid the need for major repairs and will also help to significantly extend the life of your system. Here are some great ways to make sure that your furnace is in optimal working condition before the cold weather arrives:
- Eliminating dirt: As dirt gets into your system it will cause it to become less efficient and lead to more serious problems over time. It is very important to hire a professional to clean tough to reach areas like the blower, motor, and filter system, in order to prevent extensive wear and tear on your parts.
- Regular filter replacements: Furnace filters are disposable. They may be cleaned out when there is little dirt and debris, but it is best to have the filter replaced on a regular basis to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Regular inspections: You should have your furnace inspected by our heating and cooling professionals regularly. Maintenance is typically recommended every spring and fall, but no less than once every year.
- Clear away debris: Any foreign objects that are near your furnace should be cleared away immediately. Not only could excess debris damage your furnace, it could also start a fire.
What are some common signs that your system needs repairs?
When a furnace is malfunctioning, there are various telltale signs that can indicate a problem. Being aware of these common symptoms can help you to avoid a system breakdown. Spotting red flags early on and contacting our heating and cooling specialists for timely repairs will help you to avoid more costly issues. Some common signs that your furnace is in need of repairs include:
- Loss of heat: If the heat in your home does not correlate with the temperature on your thermostat, contact our expert technicians as soon as possible. We can determine if the issue is being caused by a malfunctioning furnace or if the problem lies somewhere else. During a service visit we will also examine your thermostat and air ducts for any complications.
- Strange noises: You are likely familiar with the typical sounds that your furnace makes, but if you hear a strange banging or whining noise it is time to call our licensed heating and cooling professionals for an inspection. Your furnace may need replacement belts or in more serious cases a new system might have to be installed.
- Yellow pilot light: If the flame under your furnace changes from blue to yellow it could very well indicate a carbon monoxide leak. Upon noticing a yellow pilot light, evacuate your home immediately and contact or reliable technicians right away for emergency service.
- Condensation: If you notice excessive condensation on your windows it could be a sign of serious problem with your furnace. Large amounts of condensation can signify a carbon monoxide leak, so it is very important to take the proper precautions and contact our trusted staff immediately.
What are some easy ways to make your unit more energy efficient?
An efficient furnace is highly important to ensuring low monthly energy costs and a comfortable interior climate. Here are some simple ways to guarantee that your unit continues to run at its optimal level:
- Change your filters as the manufacturer recommends, which will ensure less wear on the motor.
- Have your unit professionally cleaned to clear away excess dirt so your motor will not have to work as hard.
- Install a programmable thermostat for consistent temperature settings at peak times of the day.
- Have your unit professionally inspected at least once a year.
Why is regular maintenance important?
If you make sure to have your furnace professionally maintained on an annual basis and provide subsequent care at home, it will extend its lifespan significantly. Properly maintained furnaces last at least 5 to 10 years longer than units that do not receive adequate upkeep. Appropriate maintenance can also help to prevent inconvenient malfunctions, total system breakdowns, and potentially harmful emergencies.
For supreme furnace repair and maintenance, contact the experts at All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. Call us today at (956) 686-6656.