Your San Juan Heating & Cooling Professionals
Searching for a trusted San Juan heating and cooling professional? Contact the specialists at All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. at (956) 686-6656. For discounts and savings, click here.
No matter the season, you want the inside of your home to be comfortable. With expert maintenance, repair, and installation services our heating and cooling professionals can guarantee a desirable indoor climate all year long. Your home’s furnace and air conditioner need to be in great working condition to ensure that you do not find yourself with soaring energy bills. It can be difficult to know when you need professional help. Here is a guide to get you started. Click here to see what customers in San Juan and the surrounding areas are saying about our quality services.
How long do furnaces usually last?
The best furnaces are those made from cast iron. These older designs can often last for 4 decades or longer, even reaching beyond the 70 year mark. When buying a new home, make sure that you take into account the current age of the furnace. Furnaces that rely on gas or natural oil usually only last for around 20 years, and some models may show signs of serious wear after just 15 years. While cast iron furnaces have been available for a long time, newer models made of this material will provide efficient heating that outmatches the lifespan of many other systems.
When it comes time to buy a new furnace, ask about the warranty on the unit. Manufacturers may only provide a warranty of 15 to 20 years, but you could have the option of extending it. This warranty will give you 10 or more years of additional coverage beyond what you would otherwise receive.
What are some typical heater problems?
- Clogged air filter: Your unit’s air filter can quickly become clogged depending on the amount of dust in your home. If you have pets, they can add to the dirt and debris entering your heating system.
- Wear and tear: If you are not having your unit serviced regularly, it is possible that your heater’s problem might be caused by extensive wear and tear on various components.
- Thermostat problems: If your thermostat is not calibrated properly or has failed completely, your home will not reach its desired interior climate.
What parts of your AC unit are inspected during a regular maintenance visit?
- Air Filter: A technician will replace the air filter in your unit during a routine maintenance visit. Your air filter is the unit’s first line of defense against dirt and debris finding its way into the motor and other crucial parts of the system.
- Coolant levels: During a maintenance visit, the professional will check your refrigerant levels to ensure your air conditioner is capable of producing cooled air throughout your home.
- Evaporator coils: Air from your home moves over the evaporator coils in order to cool it. If dirt and debris have built up on your coils, they might freeze up, which will cause your indoor climate to suffer.
- Condensate drain: Your evaporator coils create condensation. This water must drain out of your air conditioning unit. If the drain becomes clogged, the condensate pan will overflow, causing water to leak into your home.
What are some simple ways to save on your heating and cooling costs?
- Regular maintenance: Having our professionals service your air conditioner and heating system ahead of the season they are needed will help your unit to run more efficiently and guarantee a comfortable indoor climate.
- Consistent filter replacement: Your air filter blocks dirt and debris from entering your system to ensure that it functions properly. Failing to replace your filters on a regular basis could cause damage to the unit’s motor and may lead to the system overheating.
- Replace older units: If your unit is an older model, it might be time to replace it. Replacing an old heating or cooling system with a new energy efficient model is a great way to save money on your monthly energy bills.
For high quality heating and cooling services, contact the best in the business. Call All Valley Plumbing & AC Co. today at (956) 686-6656.